Lindsay South, MA, LLP, LPC
Limited License Psychologist
Licensed Professional Counselor
Registered Play Therapist
Adults, women, men, adolescents, children 5-12, families, gays/lesbians.
Group therapy, individual therapy, play therapy, art and sand tray therapy.
Eating disorders, anxiety issues, adult children of alcoholics/co-dependency, attention deficit/hyperactivity/learning disorders, career issues, compulsive behaviors, depression, grief, sexual/physical abuse, trauma.
- MA in Counselor Education/Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 1988
- Completed 7 years of Sandtray-Worldplay training with Gisela Schubach de Domenico, PhD
- Received intensive training in eating disorders with Amy Baker Dennis, PhD
In professional practice since 1988.
In addition to treating adults presenting a wide array of concerns, I work with children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulty in the areas of learning and attention, weight and body image, as well as relationships with family and peers.
- Professional Member, National Eating Disorders Association
- Founding Member, Southwest Michigan Eating Disorders Association
- Board Secretary, Michigan Association for Play Therapy
- Member, Learning Disability Association of Michigan
- Member, Kalamazoo Women Therapists Network
Relevant Titles or Positions Held
- Consultant: Kalamazoo College Eating Disorder Partnership Program
- Clinical Coordinator: Transitions Program for Women, Glenbrook Hospital
- Limited License Psychologist, Adult Unit, Battle Creek Adventist Hospital
- Therapist, Adult Team, Allegan Community Mental Health
- Career Advisor: Center for Women’s Services, Western Michigan University
- The Role of Family Based Therapy in the Treatment of Eating Disorders (January 2011), Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
- Sandtray-World Play (November 2011), Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
- Utilizing Art and Play Therapy in the Multidisciplinary Treatment of Eating Disorders (February 2012), Michigan Association of Play Therapy, Lansing, MI
Articles by Lindsay South, MA, LLP, LPC
1591 W. Centre
Portage, MI 49024
Office hours: by appointment