Lindsay South, MA, LLP, LPC, RPT-S
Limited License Psychologist*
Licensed Professional Counselor
Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor
Adults, women, men, adolescents, children 5-12, families, gays/lesbians.
Group therapy, individual therapy, play therapy, art and sand tray therapy.
Eating disorders, anxiety issues, adult children of alcoholics/co-dependency, attention deficit/hyperactivity/learning disorders, career issues, compulsive behaviors, depression, grief, sexual/physical abuse, trauma.
Supervision for LLPCs and play therapists
- MA in Counselor Education/Counseling Psychology, Western Michigan University, 1988
- Completed 7 years of Sandtray-Worldplay training with Gisela Schubach de Domenico, PhD
- Received intensive training in eating disorders with Amy Baker Dennis, PhD
- Completed 30-hour LPC supervisor training
- Completed LPC Supervisor Training, The Mentorship Institute, Portage, MI
- In professional practice since 1988
- Practice Owner, Lindsay P. South, MA PLLC, May 2004-present
In addition to treating adults presenting a wide array of concerns, I work with children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulty in the areas of learning and attention, weight and body image, as well as relationships with family and peers.
- President, Southwest Michigan Eating Disorders Association
- Past Secretary, current member and leader, Kalamazoo Area Network, Michigan Association for Play Therapy
- Member, Psychotherapy Consortium, Kalamazoo
- Psychology Today Professional Directory
- Coordinator of the Kalamazoo Play Therapy Networking Group and Former Board Secretary, Michigan Association for Play Therapy
Relevant Titles or Positions Held
- Consultant: Kalamazoo College Eating Disorder Partnership Program
- Clinical Coordinator: Transitions Program for Women, Glenbrook Hospital
- Limited License Psychologist, Adult Unit, Battle Creek Adventist Hospital
- Therapist, Adult Team, Allegan Community Mental Health
- Career Advisor: Center for Women’s Services, Western Michigan University
- What is Play Therapy? The Mentoring Institute, May 2015
- The Role of Family Based Therapy in the Treatment of Eating Disorders (January 2011), Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
- Sandtray-World Play (November 2011), Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
- Utilizing Art and Play Therapy in the Multidisciplinary Treatment of Eating Disorders (February 2012), Michigan Association of Play Therapy, Lansing, MI; (May 2013) Child and Adolescent Play Therapy Association, Canada
Articles by Lindsay South, MA, LLP, LPC
1591 W. Centre
Portage, MI 49024
Office hours: by appointment
*Supervised by Timothy Howard, EdD.