Michelle R. Klee, Ph.D.
Adult women and men, young adults, adolescents (12–19), members of the GLBTQ community.
Individual Psychotherapy, Sand Tray Therapy.
Finding deeper meaning in the second half of life.
Anxiety, depression, grief, relationship loss, physical/emotional/sexual abuse recovery, adult children of alcoholics, peer problems, low self-esteem, coping with infertility and/or pregnancy loss, post-partum depression, personal growth, and career issues.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Michigan State University, 1987
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Michigan State University, 1982
- Completed a six-year training program in SandTray-Worldplay with Gisela Schubach DeDomenico, Ph.D.
In professional practice since 1985.
I focus on creating a safe, collaborative relationship in which the individual can develop new ways of understanding themselves and their problems in living, and move toward healing and change. While my work is relationship-based, I integrate mindful awareness of body sensations, emotion and thoughts, as well other strategies, depending upon the client's needs. We may use guided imagery, dream work, emotionally focused techniques, or sand tray therapy, which offers a means for expressing and working through painful emotions and conflicts not easily accessed by words alone.
I believe that creative self-expression can be a powerful tool for healing. In addition to having done in depth training in the use of sand tray therapy, I am a certified leader of InterPlay, which is an active, creative approach to unlocking the wisdom of the body. I also facilitate groups based on Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way and offer day-long sand tray retreats.
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Women's Therapist Network
Relevant Titles or Positions Held
- Staff Therapist: Kalamazoo Consultation Center
- Psychologist: DeLano Clinic
- Preceptor: MSU College of Human Medicine
- Sandtray Therapy with Latency-aged Children (February 2014), Michigan Association for Play Therapy, Lansing, MI
- Sandtray-World Play (November 2011), Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
Articles by Michelle R. Klee, Ph.D.
3503 Greenleaf Blvd.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Office hours: Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Other Sites to Visit
Association for Play Therapy